Develop 3PL eFulfillment Strategy
Client was a successful 3PL serving traditional brick and mortar based markets, but felt there were significant opportunities to develop a strong eFulfillment offering for existing and new customers. While client had dipped toe into eFulfillment, it believed it needed to better understand the eFulfillment market and sub-segments and capabilities required to grow in the eCommerce/eFulfillment space.
- Interviewed customers to understand needs and required capabilities by segment
- Specialty retailers
- Branded consumer goods manufacturers
- Direct-sales companies
- Subscription-model eCommerce companies
- Companies with oversized/non-conveyable products
- Modeled potential market segments and potential attractiveness
- Assessed existing client technology and likely required technology going forward
- Developed high-level implementation plans (together with client initiative champions) to position for success
Client is successfully growing its eFulfillment business.