Agricultural Products Supply Chain Improvement
Client was an industry group that funds initiatives to improve the agricultural products supply chain to benefit farmers and the ag community. We worked with client to identify and study potential opportunities to add capacity and/or lower supply chain costs.
- Developed multiple small initiatives across several years
- Conducted secondary research and primary research to assess the magnitude of inhibitors and options to improve supply chain, including:
- Waterway locks and dams
- Truck unloading
- Rural rail infrastructure
- Rural intermodal terminal
- Potential use of domestic containers for ag shipments
- Worked collaborately with stakeholders including farmers, major Ag companies, carriers, equipment providers, and government agencies
Profiled and quantified the potential impact of various issues/opportunities. Brought stakeholders together to further refine and implement improvement opportunities.